Bet on Boston College Football
Boston College hasn’t been a traditional football power but has had its moments over the years. Who could forget Doug Flutie‘s famous 1984 Hail Mary pass dubbed the “Miracle in Miami?”
Here’s all the info about Boston College football betting in the state (including limitations) and about college football betting sites.
Today’s Boston College football odds: spreads, moneylines, totals
The good news is online sports betting in Massachusetts is live. Unfortunately for those hoping to back the Eagles, the state prohibits betting on in-state teams like BC unless in the College Football Playoff. That said, look below for all other out-of-state NCAA football lines available for betting.
Best Boston College football betting sites & apps
Here’s a look at some of the industry-leading sportsbooks and what they offer when it comes to college football betting:
The FanDuel MA Sportsbook app is an excellent sportsbook with one of the widest ranges of betting options. When it comes to college football betting odds, it offers:
- ACC football odds for individual game lines and futures
- Game and player prop bets
- Live betting with flexible parlays
- Futures on NCAAF Champion and Heisman Trophy winner
The Massachusetts-based DraftKings is another top-tier sportsbook. DraftKings Sportsbook MA offers many ways to bet on Boston College Eagles football, including:
- College football game lines for all ACC action
- A large array of prop bets, including more obscure options
- Futures for teams and individual awards
- A Dynasty Rewards program awarding points redeemable for different prizes
Ranking among the top Boston College betting sites with some excellent options, BetMGM Massachusetts Sportsbook betting options include:
- College football game lines and futures
- Boosted odds on specific game props/parlays
- Constantly updated live betting odds on every bowl game
- Easy parlay options that automatically fill out your bet slip, creating a lottery-style option for parlays
WynnBET Massachusetts Sportsbook offers a nearly complete slate of competitive college football game lines, futures, and props in Massachusetts. Lines for games involving Boston College will be missing, though, unless they make the College Football Playoff.
Pregame odds available at WynnBET for just about every other college football game include:
- Spreads, Totals, Moneylines and Alternatives
- Scoring and Stat-Based Game and Player Props
- Separate Half/Quarter Markets
Live NCAAF betting markets are available under WynnBET’s “Live” tab and should include all the standard pregame markets at adjusted odds plus more live props.
Expect a few NCAAF promos during the upcoming season. WynnBET has offered $100 in Bonus Bets to anyone making a $20 bet on a college football game.
The Caesars Massachusetts app should become the go-to sportsbook for college football lines because its point spreads can be half a point to two and a half points better than the competition.
Caesars won’t have lines for any Boston College Eagles games unless they make the College Football Playoff. You can bet on other out-of-state college football teams in the following NCAAF betting markets posted at Caesars:
- Spreads, Totals, Moneylines and Alternatives
- Game and Player Props
- Half/Quarter Markets
- Same Game Parlays
- Winning Margin
- Double Result
In other states, Caesars Sportsbook has run several Underdogs Cover Parlay Boosts offering bigger than normal odds on certain all-underdog parlays.
DraftKings and FanDuel are superior options if you are looking for a broader range of prop betting options. DraftKings, in particular, stands out with one of the most extensive lists in the industry. FanDuel’s same game parlays (SGPs) also add extra excitement to NCAA action with a lot of flexibility in constructing bets.
How to sign up at an online sportsbook in MA
Setting up your account is easy and can be done in minutes. Here is how to get set up:
- Download a sportsbook app (via any major app store or by clicking one of the links in this article).
- Create an account by entering your personal information (name, age, address, etc.)
- When prompted, enter a promo code for any MA sportsbook promos and new-user bonuses.
- Make your first deposit.
- Navigate the sportsbook menu to view the list of bets and begin creating bet slips.
How to bet on Boston College football in Massachusetts
When it comes to sizing up how to bet on Boston College NCAAF odds, there are three basic betting options that you will see most prominently displayed.
The odds line for a bet on BC football might look something like this:
|Boston College||+3.5 (-110)||+150||Over 55.5 (-110)|
|Wake Forest||-3.5 (-110)||-175||Under 55.5 (-110)|
The first number (on the far left) is the point spread indicated by the +/- 3.5. In this example, Boston College is the underdog, meaning they are “getting points.” This essentially means they are getting a 3.5-point head start from a gambling standpoint. If you bet the Boston College spread at +3.5 and they win the game outright or lose by three points or fewer, your bet cashes.
The next odds line is the moneyline (+150, -175). If you choose to place a moneyline bet, your team must win the game outright. Because you are no longer getting points, a moneyline bet on an underdog gives you more favorable odds. In this example, a $100 moneyline bet on Boston College to win would net $150 in profits. A $175 bet on the moneyline favorite would return $100 if Wake Forest were to win the game.
The line on the far right (O/U 55.5) is the point total. This is a wager on the total number of points both teams will combine to score during the game. In the above example, if you bet on the over (55.5), your wager is a winner if Boston College and Wake Forest combine for at least 56 points (the opposite is true if you bet the under).
Live betting and prop bets for Boston College football
In addition to pre-game betting lines, you can also make wagers after a game has already started. This is referred to as “live betting.”
You can access live betting options by clicking on a game matchup and scrolling through a list of constantly updated options. Because in game sports betting accounts for real-time events on the field, the live betting odds change by the second. For this reason, you will want to download a sportsbook app on your phone to capitalize on a favorable line quickly before it goes off the board or gets adjusted.
Besides standard game lines, you can also access several prop betting options at Boston College football betting sites before/during a game. These are bets on events or individual player milestones you think will happen during the game. Prop bets are not tied to the overall outcome of the game.
Some examples of popular prop bets include:
- 300 passing yards by Player ‘X’ (O/U)
- Player ‘X’ to score a touchdown (anytime)
- Player to score the first touchdown
- Team to score first
- Number of turnovers
It is worth noting that several states have restrictions on player props for in-state teams. The reason for this is that there is concern unpaid college athletes may be more prone to outside influence/tampering than professional athletes.
What conference does Boston College play in?
Boston College plays in the ACC’s Atlantic Division, which includes several powerhouse programs, such as Clemson, Wake Forest and Florida State. In addition to playing teams in the Atlantic, BC will also play a few teams in the ACC Coastal, such as Duke, Pittsburgh, or Virginia Tech.
Boston College begins with two to three non-conference opponents before finishing the season with ACC play. The Eagles will generally play 12-to-14 regular-season games split between home and away.
BC also plays in the ACC for basketball; check the latest Boston College basketball odds here.
Which bowl game does Boston College play in?
The college football postseason is determined by a selection committee that ranks teams on their performance and the difficulty of their schedule.
The College Football Playoff consists of the top four teams in the country squaring off in two separate semifinals for the right to compete in the championship game. Teams outside the top four can still qualify for postseason play by being eligible to compete in a bowl game.
The ACC champion typically plays in the Orange Bowl, but depending on the season can be invited to another one of the New Year’s Six bowls. The new Fenway Bowl, played at Fenway Park in Boston, is also open to ACC teams. Check the latest Fenway Bowl odds here; see below for other bowl games BC football has been invited to play in.
Boston College’s record in bowl games
Here is a look at BC’s recent bowl record.
- 2021 Military Bowl vs. East Carolina (canceled)
- 2019 Birmingham Bowl vs. Cincinnati (lost 6-38)
- 2018 First Responders Bowl vs. Boise State (no contest)
- 2017 Pinstripe Bowl vs. Iowa (lost 20-27)
- 2016 Quick Lane Bowl vs. Maryland (won 36-30)
- 2014 Pinstripe Bowl vs. Penn State (lost 30-31)
- 2013 Advocare V100 Bowl vs. Arizona (lost 19-42)
- 2010 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl vs. Nevada (lost 13-20)
Where is Boston College’s football stadium?
- Name: Alumni Stadium
- Address: 2604 Beacon St.
- Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
- Owner: Boston College
- Operator: Boston College
- Capacity: 44,500
- Groundbreaking: April 15, 1957
- Opening date: September 21, 1957
- Construction cost: $350,000
- Other events hosted: Boston Patriots (AFL), music concerts
How to watch BC football games online
Boston College students can listen to and watch every BC game online via BCEagles.TV. Other streaming options include the ACC Network and ESPN+.
Jon Meterparel is the radio play-by-play voice of the Eagles with Peter Cronan on the collar commentary.
Boston College grads in NFL
Boston College has an extensive list of successful NFL players. Some notable names include:
- Matt Ryan QB (Colts)
- Luke Kuechly LB (retired)
- AJ Dillon RB (Packers)
- Zach Allen DE (Cardinals)
- Harold Landry OB (Titans)
- Will Harris SS (Lions)
- Matt Milano OB (Bills)
All-time Boston College football leaders
- Passing Yards: Doug Flutie (10,579)
- Passing Touchdowns: Glenn Foley (72)
- Rushing Yards: AJ Dillon (4,382)
- Rushing Touchdowns: AJ Dillon (38)
- Receiving Yards: Alex Amidon (2,800)
- Receiving Touchdowns: Kelvin Martin (28)
- Interceptions: Tony Thurman (25)
- Tackles: Luke Kuechly (532)
- Sacks: Mathias Kiwanuka (37.5)
- Field Goals: Nate Freese (70)
BC football traditions
Traditions include a pre-game campus performance by the Screaming Eagles marching band. A march through campus culminates with a concert at Commander Shea Field, where fans typically gather for tailgating.
What are the BC football Instagram/Twitter handles?
- Twitter: @BCFootball
- Instagram @BCFootball
How many national titles does BC have?
According to the NCAA AP Poll, Boston College has never won the national title. However, BC lists its 1940 team as a national champion. The team went 11-0 and beat previously undefeated Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl.