Take A Sneak Peek At Wynn Boston Harbor Casino’s Progress
[toc]In a 10-minute video sent to Red Card members, Wynn Boston Harbor President Bob DeSalvio provided a look at the $2.4 billion resort casino’s progress. It also shows what to expect when the 33-acre, three-million square foot project is done.
Here’s what DeSalvio had to say in the video.
A new opening date
As construction progresses, the official opening of the casino is coming into focus. First it was summer, then June, and now, according to DeSalvio, Wynn is targeting June 24, 2019 for its ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Even though it will boast hundreds of hotel rooms, room availability is going to be an issue, especially early on. As such, hotel booking will be available a full 12 months before the casino opens its doors.
As DeSalvio points out in the video, Wynn Boston Harbor is in Everett, Massachusetts, just outside of Boston proper. The casino will sit on the waterfront, where the Mystic River flows into Boston Harbor. Wynn is certainly taking full advantage of this location.
According to DeSalvio, Wynn purchased three 24/7 water shuttles that will transport people from downtown Boston, the seaport, and the financial district to the casino.
The building is currently a five-story infrastructure. However, DeSalvio said they plan to add about a floor a week. Hopefully crews will cose the entire building by the end of the year.
That’s no small order. Wynn Boston Harbor is a 3.1 million square-foot project that boasts a 12.5 acre footprint. There are currently 750 construction and trade workers working on the site working on, among other things:
- 700 5-Star guest rooms
- Meeting and convention space
- 3,000-car parking garage
Odds and ends
- The Jeff Coon Popeye sculpture Steve Wynn bought for $28 million in 2014 that’s currently located at the crossroads of Wynn and Encore in Las Vegas will move to the Wynn Boston Harbor lobby.
- Wynn Boston Harbor will open with 12 restaurant and dining options. DeSalvio said these options will run the gamut: fine-dining, casual, a sports bar, an oyster bar, a buffet, and more.
- The property will have an 8,000 square-foot, yet-to-be-named nightclub/ultra-lounge on the mezzanine level.
- DeSalvio hinted at outdoor waterfront amenities. He didn’t explain what these would be, so they could be anything from outdoor restaurant seating and wedding and venue space, to pools and a landscaped walking path.
- A 20,000 square-foot. five-star spa, rivaling the spas at Wynn and Encore in Las Vegas, is part of the plan.
- DeSalvio said the company has met with high-end retailers. Visitors to Wynn Boston Harbor can expect a fine retail experience.