Boston Celtics Odds
Boston Celtics Odds
At the start of the 2022-23 NBA season, the Boston Celtics were the odds-on favorite to win the NBA Finals at most Massachusetts sportsbooks. The NBA Playoffs are moving along, and Boston’s Finals odds have only gotten smaller.
Now, the Celtics are +100 to win it all on DraftKings. After moving past the 76ers, the Celtics are taking on the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. Miami is +1600 to win it all. The Westnern Conference Finals are between the Denver Nuggets (+240) Los Angeles Lakers (+320).
See below for the latest Celtics odds at Massachusetts online sportsbooks for today’s game, to win the NBA Finals, and more.
Boston Celtics betting apps in Massachusetts
Online sportsbook apps have been live in Massachusetts for several months now. Basketball fans in the state can bet on Celtics games from the comfort of their own homes using a variety of different platforms.
Available sportsbooks include DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, WynnBET, Barstool Sportsbook, and Betr.
Let’s take a closer look at what some of the top Massachusetts sportsbooks for Celtics odds include:
DraftKings Sportsbook MA
DraftKings Sportsbook MA is a big player in daily fantasy sports (DFS) and is a licensed and regulated sportsbook.
Bettors like the DraftKings app for its friendly interface, competitive odds, and excellent customer support.
When it comes to betting on Celtics games, users can bet on the spread, moneyline, and totals plus player prop specials, game prop specials, and over/unders on points, assists, rebounds, and threes.
FanDuel Sportsbook MA
FanDuel MA Sportsbook is another recognizable name in daily fantasy sports and boasts the most registered users in the United States. On the app, you’ll find fantastic bonuses and state-specific promotions throughout the year.
FanDuel is also well-known for offering tremendous odds on underdogs. If you ever find the Celtics as underdogs, consider looking to FanDuel for the best odds.
BetMGM Sportsbook MA
The BetMGM Massachusetts Sportsbook app offers a user-friendly interface for its wide range of betting options. BetMGM boasts one of the largest brands in sports betting.
BetMGM is a great platform to use when looking to the NBA futures market, as it features very competitive odds. BetMGM MA Sportsbook also features regular promos such as odds boosts, bonus bets, and parlay insurance.
Caesars Sportsbook MA
Caesars MA Sportsbook is another powerful brand in the sports betting scene. Thanks to its excellent bonuses and ease of use, the Caesars Massachusetts Sportsbook app has quickly become a more popular online gambling option.
The app can be a bit slow at times, but don’t let that scare you away. Caesars Sportsbook is one of the best in the business and features one of the best rewards programs out there: Caesars Rewards.
Best bets for Celtics games
There are a huge number of options available when it comes to betting on NBA games in Massachusetts. No matter what NBA bet you are looking for, odds are you will find it at Massachusetts sportsbooks.
That being said, there are a few standard wagers that every Celtics bettor should know.
- Celtics moneyline: If you bet on the Celtics to win and they do, you win your bet. Simple as that. There is no winning margin involved, and the betting odds will sway depending on how heavily the presumed victor is favored. These bets include overtime as well.
- Celtics point spread: When it comes to the spread, the Celtics will either be favored by a certain amount of points (prefaced by a minus sign), or an underdog by a certain amount of points (prefaced with a plus sign). For instance, if you bet on the Celtics -4.5, you would need them to win the game by five or more points. If you bet on them +4.5, you would need them to either win the game outright, or lose by four points or less. Point spread wagers are typically listed at -110 odds on either side.
- Celtics total: This is simply betting on the combined total number of points scored by the end of the game by both teams. It’s also known as an over/under bet. You can bet the final score to go over or stay under the listed total.
Celtics props and futures bets
Sportsbooks often include futures bets for individual NBA teams. These are bets that you can place many months in advance, and play out over the course of the entire regular season (and/or playoffs). The most popular NBA futures bets involve betting on who you think will win the NBA Finals, Eastern and Western Conferences, and each division.
Most sportsbooks also offer prop bets for NBA games. A prop bet is like a bet within a bet. There are many game props and player props available on most sports betting platforms. They can range from predicting how many points a player will score, to predicting how many points a team will score.
Celtics live betting odds
Another neat thing about online sports betting is that you have the option to bet as the action unfolds. This is known as live betting. So if you don’t place your bet before tip-off, there is no need to worry!
If you sense a momentum shift during the game, you can place a bet while the odds are in your favor. These types of odds will change by the second, so you’ll want to be quick with your trigger finger.
For example, the odds for the Celtics to win might have been +100 before the game started. But if they fell behind 8-0 early, the odds could shift. With the team down 8-0, the live odds could be something like +250. If you still feel the Celtics will win, this is an excellent time to place your bet and bet the inflated Celtics odds. You can make the same type of bet on the total.
Celtics odds can vary across sportsbooks
In Vegas, the different sportsbooks tend not to stray too far from one another. But in the online world, there can be a dramatic difference between sportsbooks, depending on the different partnerships they have with odds-making companies.
NBA odds are vastly different from sportsbook to sportsbook. Because of this, consider downloading multiple sportsbook apps once mobile betting becomes available in Massachusetts. This way, you’ll be able to shop around for the best odds.
For example, consider a game in which the Celtics are playing the 76ers. DraftKings could have the Celtics listed as 3.5-point favorites at -110 odds, while FanDuel could have the Celtics favored by 5 points at -115 odds. As you can see, there can be quite a bit of disparity. It benefits you to look around at different sportsbooks to find the best value.
Boston Celtics home games
The Celtics play their home games at TD Garden. They share the arena with the Boston Bruins of the NHL, and the venue sees more than 3.5 million visitors per year for different events. Here are some quick facts about the storied stadium.
- Total Size: 755,000 square feet
- Seating capacity: Basketball – 19,156, Hockey – 17,850
- Executive suites: 90
- Club seats: 1,100
- Cost: $160 million
- Height: Ten stories and 162 feet high
- Elevators: 7
- Escalators: 13
- Concessions: 47 concession stands
Before TD Garden, the Celtics played in the famed Boston Garden. This arena is where Walter Brown first installed the Celtics’ infamous parquet court. Like so many other unique creations, the Boston floor pattern was built out of necessity. A World War II supply shortage forced the builders to use scraps of wood rather than the long planks of a traditional basketball court.
Celtics play-by-play radio
98.5 The Sports Hub is the home of the Boston Celtics’ play-by-play radio.
Host Sean Grande has been the voice of the Celtics for almost 20 years and has a reputation for being one of the country’s top play-callers. Grande has ample experience calling basketball, hockey, baseball, football, soccer and tennis.
Then, color commentator Cedric Maxwell has been an analyst for the Celtics for more than 20 years. He has won a championship as a player with the Celtics and as a broadcaster. Maxwell was a first-round pick in 1977 for the Celtics and has been an integral part of the organization ever since.
Celtics franchise scoring leaders
With such a long and storied history, the Celtics have had many outstanding players don the green and white. Here is a list of the top scorers in franchise history.
- John Havlicek – 26,395
- Paul Pierce – 24,021
- Larry Bird – 21,791
- Robert Parish – 18,245
- Kevin McHale – 17,335
- Bob Cousy – 16,955
- Sam Jones – 15,411
- Bill Russell – 14,522
- Dave Cowens – 13,192
- Jojo White – 13,188
Celtics logo and mascot
The Boston Celtics’ logo is a winking leprechaun. Designed in the 1950s by legendary coach Red Auerbach‘s brother, Lucky the Leprechaun is now synonymous with Boston. The athletic leprechaun entertains fans with enthusiasm, daring stunts and acrobatic slam dunks.
Who owns the Celtics?
The Boston Basketball Partners LLC has owned the Celtics since 2002. Here is a list of all the owners in franchise history.
- 2002 – present: Boston Basketball Partners
- 1993 – 2002: Paul Gaston
- 1983 – 1993: Don Gaston, Alan N. Cohen, Paul Dupee
- 1979 – 1983: Harry T. Mangurian, Jr.
- 1978 – 1979: John Y. Brown, Jr. and Harry T. Mangurian, Jr.
- 1975 – 1978: Irv Levin and Harold Lipton
- 1975: Robert Schmertz/Leisure Technology, Irv Levin, and Harold Lipton
- 1972 – 1975: Robert Schmertz/Leisure Technology
- 1972 – 1972: Irv Levin and Harold Lipton
- 1971 – 1972: Ballantine Brewery
- 1969 – 1971: Trans-National Communications
- 1968 – 1969: Ballantine Brewery
- 1965 – 1968: Marvin Kratter/Knickerbocker Brewing Company
- 1964 – 1965: Lou Pieri and Marjorie Brown
- 1950 – 1964: Walter A. Brown/Lou Pieri
- 1946 – 1950: Boston Garden-Arena Corporation
Celtics fast facts by the numbers
- Founded: 1946
- Arena: TD Garden
- Conference: Eastern
- Division: Atlantic
- City: Boston, Massachusetts
- Team Colors: Green, gold, black, brown, white
- Championships: 17
- Conference titles: 9
- Division titles: 31
- Retired numbers: 23
- Biggest rival: Los Angeles Lakers
11 interesting Boston Celtics facts
- The Celtics are the most successful franchise in NBA history with 17 titles (tied with the Lakers).
- Boston won its first championship in 1957.
- The Celtics and the Knicks are the only teams in the NBA that haven’t changed locations.
- Boston drafted the first African American player in the NBA—Chuck Cooper.
- The Celtics won eight consecutive championships beginning in 1959.
- The Celtics have had 16 different owners.
- Red Auerbach was a coach and executive with the Celtics from 1950 to 2006.
- Boston has had four arenas: TD Garden, Boston Arena, Boston Garden and Hartford Civic Center.
- The Celtics have played the Lakers in the Finals a record 12 times.
- The name of Boston’s mascot is Lucky the Leprechaun.
- Two Celtics made our list of the 7 Worst Sports Contracts in Massachusetts History.